We were having a real angry blizzard Saturday morning. As soon as I put out seed it would get covered up by all the snow. I put some in this sundial bowl, and there was plenty of arguing going on.

Sometimes they all got along.

Then sometimes NOT!

An outsider tries to get on board.

The "Boss" tries to shoo him away.

Finally the
piggy Blue Jays leave.

Cardinals Rule!

A new "Boss".

More outsiders fly in for a landing and good food.

Then of course the "Boss" returns, and warns everybody to "buzz off".

Mr. Cardinal watches from the tree.

They he attempts to get seed again.

But the "Boss" is watching, and promptly chases Mr. Cardinal away.

We ended up with almost 7" of snow today. At the end of the day the sky began to clear, and the sun shone. Unbelievable!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful week-end.
7 comments:
There always seems to be a self appointed boss!
7" - oh my - but at least the son did get out. I'm sure it looked pretty if nothing else.
These pictures are comical.Evnin the bird world they can't get along.I guess people and birds are more alike than I thought.I like the the way you captured them in flight.
Ruth
Absolutely fabulous series!!! How fun it is to watch their antics!!
Can't stop smiling and thinking what fun you must have had capturing these scenes.
Priceless!
Those blue jays can be very aggressive. Great series of photos. Oh my...7 more inches of snow...when will it ever end!!!
There has to be a bully in every crowd and I guess the bird world is no different., very nice pictures. Wishing you a Happy Valentines Day. We are having a heat wave today, 43 degrees and melting.
What a fun series of shots. It is funny to watch birds jockey for the feeders, but I guess for them it is serious business! I try to spread enough food around for everyone, but somehow never succeed. I like the sundial!
Post a Comment