WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

World Bird Wednesday




Through all the rain we have had this past week, there has been some summer birds arriving.


The Baltimore Oriole showed up yesterday and in this shot is sipping grape jelly. I just can't keep the water out of the dish. It has poured almost all day. The Rose-breasted Grosbeaks are here too.




The female is not very colorful, but still a striking bird.



Last but not least is the White-crowned Sparrow. I have lots of these, and they move so fast.



Happy World Bird Wednesday to all. I hope you are having better weather than we are. The creek behind our home is very high again, due to all the heavy rain we've had today, and now it is getting really foggy! Light snow predicted for over night. :~(


Do click on http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com/ to see lots more birds.

18 comments:

fjÀllripan said...

Such lovely and coulorful birds you are showing! Beautiful! :)

mick said...

Great collection of beautiful birds. I hope your weather improves soon.

eileeninmd said...

MY favorite birds, I love the Oriole and the RoseBreasted Grosbeak. Beautiful shots.

theconstantwalker said...

Beautiful birds to see.
Stunning colours.

Dave said...

Lovely birds... the Oriele is a cracker. Hope the weather picks up for you soon.

TexWisGirl said...

we had a female grosbeak here but i never saw a male. orioles are rare here too. your shots are lovely!

Ruth Hiebert said...

This blogging has some added advantages.I get to see where the new arrivals are and which bird could be showing up at my feeders soon.I love the Orioles and the Grosbeaks.Hope that snow stays away.

Jan n Jer said...

Gorgeous birds...just love that oriole. My daughter has a Oriole feeder in her yard but hasnt seen one yet! Went into Garys blog and saw some of his train garden...nice!

Springman said...

Anything but snow please! Nice to see a Baltimore oriole again! Soon I'll have my grape jelly and oranges out too. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Lovely shots of all the birds!

Fotokarusellen said...

A very beautiful set of images. Lovely!

Malgorzata Ingstad said...

I enjoy very much your shots - but the wheather report is less attractiv to me. Really great photos!

2jo.co said...

Hiya Becky,

That white crowned sparrow looks interesting. Not to be overlooked with that white streak.
And it seems to be oriole time over in the US.
Grape jelly? At this rate of spoiling them they will be asking for wine soon :-)

Unknown said...

Love the oriole and the grosbeak!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Pat said...

All birds that I would love to see here! I've seen the Grosbeak and the WCSparrow here once. Never an Oriole! Wonderful captures!

MaineBirder said...

Very nice photo series! I'm still waiting for our first Baltimore Oriole of the season.

Sondra said...

Awww the baltimores I posted the bullocks..
You shared some excellent photos--thanks!

Mary said...

Wonderful! All so colorful. Love the grosbeak...I haven't gotten a photo of one yet :-( I've had one White Crowned Sparrow hanging around, too.