WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

World Bird Wednesday



At a place we like to eat lunch by the lake, there are these three adorable ducks that are always looking for a handout. I believe them to be Domestic Mallards, and of course they can't read, so pay no attention to this sign right in the parking lot.




So friendly they will waddle right over to your car the minute you stop, and I can't resist.







They stand there staring at me and I always bring them a treat. Shhh, don't tell anyone I've been feeding them.




They eat out of your hand and actually are quite gentle.





Happy World Bird Wednesday everyone, and do click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com/ to see what Springman has done with this cool meme.





11 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

They are so cute...I bet they love you!

TexWisGirl said...

oh they are so cute! i'd have to feed them something too!

they do look like mule ducks (crosses between muscovy and mallard.)

Mary said...

I won't tell on you :-) Your header shot is so "real" looking. THat new camera is wonderful!

fjÀllripan said...

So Cute! I should have feed them
to ;) Who can resist....and you
got great photos to!

eileeninmd said...

Cute shots of the Mallards.

Anonymous said...

I know it's hard to resist feeding them - but it's better for the bird...
It's nice to have company for lunch :)

Unknown said...

Great close ups!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Springman said...

It would be hard not to throw down a few scraps of bread with a cute little sorrowful duck face looking up at you, sign or no sign!

MaineBirder said...

Nice captures of these ducks!

theconstantwalker said...

Lovely birds to see...impossible to ignore as they are so cute.

Pat said...

Who could resist feeding that trio? Cute shots! I like the Chickadee in your header too!