WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Overcast Sunday

Here is another shot of one of the many Goldfinches I have. They are everywhere, and the males are getting their Spring colors more every day.
Friday night we had a strong storm with a cold front blow through here, and we had a brief heavy downpour with lots of  hail stones.
We took a ride last week to check on the Great Blue heron rookery, and I did see several birds on the nests. Last Spring a early nasty Spring storm blew some of the nests out of the trees, but there are still at least 6-7 left. I'll keep an eye on them.
The peeps we have in our basement are growing like weeds. They are 1 week old today, and I have quite a survival story to post, but will save it for another day. Check back. It's a really good story.

3 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Waiting to hear that story. Those little fluff balls are adorable.

Kerri Farley said...

Oh your peeps are precious!

Mary said...

Great shots! We went to look at our heron rookery last week and I think a lot of nests blew away when the tornadoes came through. So far they haven't been rebuilt and we didn't see any on nests yet. One eagle nest seemed to be gone, too!