WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Spring SNOW!

It began as rain, but around 6AM the snow came down, and by 6Pm this evening we have over 6.5" of heavy, wet snow. The wind occasionally will pick up, but so far no damage.
This was my flowering crab tree yesterday.
This is what it looks like this morning. The branches are loaded with heavy wet snow, and are bending down to the ground. Good thing I took pictures before all this..
A disgusted Chipping sparrow doesn't like the snow

The chicks are now 1 month old. They are doing well, and will soon be moving to their new digs out of our garage. The chicks head with the X on it is Crush, the survivor chick.
Have a great rest of the week.

7 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

I feel for you!

A wondering star said...

Nice post!
April can be very unstable.
Greetings from Norway

Unknown said...

welcome to the spring snow club!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

TexWisGirl said...

i know it feels late, but hoping the nutrients in the snowfall will help out w/ drought and plant growth. :)

EG CameraGirl said...

I must say the snow was NOT a nice surprise. It's too late in April for this sort of weather.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Yikes! I hope the snow disappears quicker than it came.

Mary said...

I do not envy you snow this late! What a mess it made of your beautiful crab apple. Cute chicks!