WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

World Bird Wednesday




Taking a ride on a beautiful day yesterday around the Peninsula on Lake Erie, I spotted this Canada goose out on the end of this old tree snag. Looking closer I see she is sitting on a pretty big clutch of eggs. She is right in plain site, so we can get more pictures as the eggs ( hopefully) hatch.
Of course I always have to take some shots of the gulls.
This guy had just caught a fish, and was so nice to pose for me.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. We had several bursts of snow this morning, with more accumulations coming our way tonight. Ho joy!
Do click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see lots more bird photos.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I think even your geese are ahead of ours!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

theconstantwalker said...

Wonderful images of your lovely birds Becky.. xx

TexWisGirl said...

nice shots! i hope the nesting goose is successful!

Carletta said...

What a wonderful find!
I hope the eggs hatch without incidence and you get to see little ones.
The gull was quite a good fisherman. You caught a great moment.
Nice shots Becky!

We are expecting a freeze tonight but I hope no snow.

Martha Z said...

How nice that the nest is so easy to see. I'm sure you'll enjoy watching it.
Is that a beached salmon in the third image? No wonder the gulls are so excited.

Sallie (FullTime-Life.com said...

Wow, some great catches here! The nesting goose -- how fun it will be for you to watch the progress. And the "dining" gull -- great job, loved all the photos. Thanks for sharing.

Mary said...

wow...great bunch of shots! I like the gull with the fish! I hope all those goose eggs hatch! Then you can post baby geese for us :-)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shots! How lucky you are to be able to watch after the eggs hatch!

mick said...

Great photos and I look forward to seeing more of the Canada Goose and her clutch of eggs and hopefully chicks.

Vores have said...

Incredibly beautiful picture you show.
Wishing you a good day.
Hanne Bente / hbt.finus.dk

Brian King said...

Great shots, Becky! Love the one with the fish!

fjällripan said...

Great captures of the canada geese with the eggs!! Beautiful photos of the gulls to :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

One has to wonder why a goose would pick a spot like that,out in the open.I love those tail feathers of the gulls.

Pat said...

Nice shots! I like the shot of the goose on the nest!

Amila Kanchana said...

So many beautiful birds!

joo said...

The gull with fish is terrific!