WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, May 17, 2012

It's Thursday

Last Sunday for Mother's Day I went to the Orchid show in Erie, Penna. There were so many gorgeous flowers on display, and all of them had won ribbons. Some of the displays were so creative using drift wood, water, and lots of mosses. I forgot to write down all the names of them, and anyway I don't know how to pronounce the names either. LOL

I have one just like this, and it is really fragrant!
This is one of the Orchids I bought. There were several vendors there, and every year I buy something from the same vendor. He has wonderful plants and offers answers to any questions you might ask.. This particular orchid wasn't open when I got it. The flowers are about 3" across and mildly fragrant.

About 2 hours after we got home, I got a call from the Orchid society that I had won an orchid! They had a silent auction at the show, and you put tickets into cans in front of any of the items on the table you wish to win. There were many items from statuary, garden tools, potting soil, books on Orchids, and  5 orchids donated, and of course I put all my ticket stubs in for the orchids. After the show was over they drew the winners. So we jumped back in the van and off to Erie again. This is the Orchid I won ( above) , and is different from any others I have. These flowers are about 2" across, and have no scent.
Another  beautiful day in store. I hope to visit the local Amish greenhouse and see what goodies they have..

5 comments:

Arija said...

Congratulations on your win Becky. It sounds like an exiting day out and I particularly like the orchid you bought. I love scented flowers best and that one is so pretty as well.

Sorry I haven't been visiting much, things are a bit hair-raising at the moment.

Jan said...

Love all your photos, the orchids are beautiful. It's great to be so lucky and win a new orchid. I bet it was worth the return drive!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am glad you were the lucky winner. Beautiful pictures.

Cicero Sings said...

How fun to be a winner! I can't remember if I ever won anything. Such a unique looking orchid too. Enjoy!

Mary said...

wow...how gorgeous they all are! I love the one you won! Congratulations!