WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, May 31, 2012

It's Thursday

This shot was supposed to be last, and I don't know how it got here, but I was taking pictures yesterday in a muddy drainage ditch by the railroad tracks and found these tiny polliwogs( Tadpoles). Not sure what kind of toad/frog they are from, but they are pretty small and fairly young since they don't even have their legs yet..I'm thinking they might be from Tree frogs/ most folks know them as Spring Peepers.
Have a wonderful day. I'm going to finish planting my garden today. It is much cooler here and that makes for a much more enjoyable time working outside.
We had a beautiful day for watching trains yesterday. These Canadian Pacific locomotives rolled by around noon pulling a very long freight train. We don't see Canadian Pacific locos very often, so I was ready with my camera.
Along side of the railroad tracks is usually a muddy ditch. Here are some of the goodies I found in and around that ditch..
The Daisies are in full bloom as are the red Clover..
I got lots of shots of this Angle wing butterfly too. He was flitting here and there, but always came back to the same spot. Right on the  mud.
Yellow Vetch grows close to the ground.
I really don't know what this is, but I liked the shape and the green and red colors. Again something growing along side of this muddy ditch.

2 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Wonderful images. I don't know if I have told you already,but I really like the flower header.

Cicero Sings said...

Amazing what a ditch can turn up.

That's quite the butterfly. I have never seen one like that.