WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, October 28, 2012

A cold and raining Sunday

Since it is a miserable day here, cold, raining and as we wait for whatever "Sandy" will dump on us, I decided to post some pictures that I took last week when we had a few beautiful days.
This is a shot of the Mum farm about 20 miles from us. They have acres and acres of gorgeous flowers. Some you can buy at their stand, and also you can dig up your own.
Another shot of the Mums.
I took a walk down by the creek, and the beavers have been busy this Fall. They have built 2 dams, and as soon as the water gets high it will wash away all the hard work they have done.
I was lucky enough to see this female Belted-kingfisher, and she didn't stick around very long and as soon as she spotted me she flew away.
Here is one of the trees that the beavers have cut down. There are quite a few, and this one fell partly onto the road. This stump is about 7" in diameter, and they never even took the branches.
OK, enough for now. Have a wonderful day, and do stay tuned to all the weather reports.

3 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

A MUM Farm is just what I needed today. We are expecting high wind and rain/snow over the next few days from Sandy. Seems way to early for that "S" Word!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The Mum farm must be a gorgeous place to see. I sure hope you don't get too much of 'Sandy' coming your way.

EG CameraGirl said...

I wish the belted kingfishers were not so shy! Yep, the beavers may be very unhappy soon if all their hard work gets washed away!