WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wild Bird Wednesday

Here it is Wednesday all ready, and time for more birds. I was so surprised to see this male Red-bellied woodpecker at my feeders. I usually don't see him and the Mrs. till the winter months, but I'll take it as he is one of my favorites. I did see a White-crowned sparrow the same day, but I couldn't get my camera focused quick enough, and it flew away. They don't seem to show up here till around February or March, so I don't know what's going on...
I hope everyone is having a great day. It is miserable here. Cold, raining, and windy. Typical October weather I guess.
Click on http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com to see lots more birds and to visit Stewart...

9 comments:

i stora drag said...

How sweet it was! I've never seen one in real life!
Greetings Pia

Pat said...

One of my favorite birds to see!

Stewart M said...

What a great bird! We have no woodpeckers of any sort in Australia - I used to really like watching them in the UK (and on trips to the US if the truth be told!)

Thanks for linking to WBW

Stewart M - Australia

Mary said...

Lucky you! I haven't seen mine for awhile. I think they are one of my favorite birds. I love all the woodpeckers!

Nature in the Burbs said...

Great shot!

A Colorful World said...

He looks like he's having a conversation with the rabbit! :-)

Paula said...

He is beautiful~ I have them around my suet feeders all the time. I LOVE the squeaky-squawking sound they make!

Neil said...

Nice photo.

Kerri Farley said...

Woody meets Bunny :)
Super shot!