| I've seen a few birds this week, and I'd better get them posted before they get lost in cyber space. This male Red-bellied woodpecker has been hanging around for a few days. |
| Taking a ride around Chautauqua lake I spotted these Coots paddling around the shore line. I don't usually see these till Spring migration. |
| They are skittish most of the time, but these guys let me get fairly close. |
| This Bald eagle has been around our area for a while now, and you can find him hanging around the creek that runs behind our house. |
| It was a very windy day, and this guy was doing a bit of scratching. |
| This was a real find for me. A couple female Hooded mergansers, and one has just caught a fish. Another spooky duck, and I felt so lucky to get close enough to get a couple shots. |
| This one had just come up to the surface from a dive, and you can see the water droplets on the bill and on her back. Click on over to http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com to see lots more birds. |
10 comments:
Wonderful pictures. I like the one with the geese all standing in a row at the edge of the water.
A great series of photos.
That eagle may be preening - but it looks like it is scratching its ear! I like the idea that you can have a eagle just "hanging around"!
Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW
Stewart M - Australia
Cool birds and great photos. The eagle shots are awesome. And I love the Mergansers.
Awesome variety .... I would LOVE to see an Eagle!!!
You got some very nice images of assorted birds~
Wonderful variety! I just love woodpeckers and am happy to see mine start to hang around a bit more now that fall is arriving. Love the mergansers. Not something I see much.
Wonderful set. Lovely birds here.
Beautiful series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.
Great shot of the woodpecker Becky. Also love those hooded mergansers, I've only seen them in pictures and would delight to see them in nature.
So sorry about the hard times you are having, will write when I can.
Post a Comment