WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wild Bird Wednesday

It was a dark, damp, and drizzly day Tuesday when we ate lunch by the lake, but I was able to capture a couple shots of a small flock of Coots paddling around in the water. I think migration has begun as I don't see these guys around here in the summer.
Have a wonderful day, and click on http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com to see lots more wild birds. A big thank you to Stewart for hosting this fun meme too!!

9 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

I always see Coots when the weather is getting colder .... do you see them all year round?

TexWisGirl said...

i think coots are cute. have never seen them in person.

mick said...

Great photos. The birds are interesting and the photos really capture the feel of a rainy day.

~mel said...

coots ~ what a hoot ... they're kind of a funny looking duck

Mary said...

Coots are such strange looking birds, but I enjoy seeing them. Of course, I enjoy seeing any bird :-)

Red Nomad OZ said...

I wonder are these the same coots we get downunder in Australia??

Stewart M said...

Ounce for ounce I think these must be some of the most bad tempered birds in the world! I used to watch them as a kid - they would run half way around a large lake just to pick a fight with another coot!

Nice pictures.

Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW - cheers Stewart M - Australia

i stora drag said...

Very nice! I recognize them, we have them here in Sweden too!
Greetings Pia

A Colorful World said...

Serene grouping of birds.