WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, December 3, 2012

Barn Charm

The weather has been pretty yucky this past weekend, and not especially good for taking pictures, so lets go back to last Fall on a beautiful day when we took a ride to Amish country, and I photographed lots of barns. This is a typical scene we saw the entire trip. Beautiful old barns still being used. Not a one was run down.
Click on http://bluffareadaily.blogspot.com to see lots more barns. Thanks Tricia for this fun meme.
 

10 comments:

Rose said...

Wonderful barn...love the way that big tree is just tipped in color.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Fall color really does set a beautiful old barn off. Great photo of a timeless structure!

Mari said...

Amish barns are so well kept. Nice shot!

Anonymous said...

What a vignette!

Carletta said...

A really lovely setting and the cow and buggy are charming factors in the image Becky!

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Wow, fantastic image.. You captured this farm beautifully.

Mary said...

wow...that's a postcard or calendar photo! Love the buggy and the corn stalk on the left side and all the buildings and trees.....just really pretty!

Anonymous said...

1st of all, it's absolutely wonderful news to hear not a one of the barns was run down & that they were all still being used, I LOVE hearing that!
2nd, that's a fine looking farm, esp w/ the distance shot & the fall colors!

I'm glad you like Barn Charm & I thank you for joining each week! =)))

genie said...

I am wondering if the barn is in front or in back of the main house. It looks to me to have a smaller outbuilding off to the side + a fence. Nice find. Guess ARod is gonna stay in NY. I am ready for baseball season. I was asking Buddy the other night about why it seems that it is the pro football players that do all the awful things time and time again and it is NOT the baseball players. Steroids for a while, but that is about it. Have you ever thought about it? May I grab your Fans Only button and stick it on my blog?geniegenie

Sally in WA said...

This is such a pretty and colorful shot. I like it!