Another dreary day. After that 9º temperature Saturday night, it rained much of Sunday. Actually let's call it drizzle. Anyway it was miserable. This is a view from high up on the hill at the local ski resort. They opened last Sunday and have had a pretty good turn out so far.No golf carts crossing here. Plenty of apples for the deer though.
Some of the skiers catch a ride to the top.
One of the roads near our home. We have plenty of hills around us.
Another view from the ski slopes.
The sun tried a couple times to break through the clouds, but never could.
Yesterday morning the dog was barking while looking out into the back yard towards the creek. I did see 3 deer walking in the water, and tried to get their picture, but for the life of me, I can't see any deer in this photo.
Last but not least, Azrael is looking for a free meal again! I've been keeping her in the barn for a couple days to give the birds a rest, and she is NOT happy with me.
Sure looks like you live in a beautiful part of the country.I enjoy seeing other parts of our world via the blog,places I may never be able to visit otherwise. Blessings,Ruth
Do you ski? It looks like a great area for it. I like the shot of the sun trying to break through. Poor Azrael....wants to eat and get warm! My cats do not like snow.
I would probably fall flat on my face if I tried to ski!! LOL!! How cold it seems there. I can't imagine living in those conditions but I guess you are used to it by mow.
Mary Nope I don't ski. but I like to watch them. If I tried it, I would break every bone in my body for sure!
Darla It sure does get dreary sometimes, and sometimes we do get down to Florida for a break. I love it down there, but not in the summer. It's just too hot for me.
Joan. Yes we are used to this weather, but that doesn't mean we have to like it LOL. Just kidding. Compared to other parts of the country with tornados, hurricanes, wild fires etc. I guess all this snow isn't that bad. If it gets to be too much we just don't go out.
Our neighbour's cat comes over to stalk our birds but he only has to catch of glimpse of us in the window and he is a streak ... heading for home. Rascal!
Skies are pretty gray here too, today and it is windy.
Becky, I'll just look at your photos and enjoy the snow from afar. We had rain, ice, and snow yesterday - quite a mess here, but the ground remains bare.
This is a great post. I really enjoyed it. I particularly liked the photos of the bare trees with the sun trying so hard to penetrate the clouds in the background.
11 comments:
Sure looks like you live in a beautiful part of the country.I enjoy seeing other parts of our world via the blog,places I may never be able to visit otherwise.
Blessings,Ruth
It probably is dreary to you, being from Florida I love to see the snow.
Do you ski? It looks like a great area for it. I like the shot of the sun trying to break through. Poor Azrael....wants to eat and get warm! My cats do not like snow.
I would probably fall flat on my face if I tried to ski!! LOL!! How cold it seems there. I can't imagine living in those conditions but I guess you are used to it by mow.
Mary
Nope I don't ski. but I like to watch them. If I tried it, I would break every bone in my body for sure!
Darla
It sure does get dreary sometimes, and sometimes we do get down to Florida for a break. I love it down there, but not in the summer. It's just too hot for me.
Joan.
Yes we are used to this weather, but that doesn't mean we have to like it LOL. Just kidding. Compared to other parts of the country with tornados, hurricanes, wild fires etc. I guess all this snow isn't that bad. If it gets to be too much we just don't go out.
Yep, your weather is remarkably like ours! The sun is TRYING to shine and occasionally I do see it out.
Our neighbour's cat comes over to stalk our birds but he only has to catch of glimpse of us in the window and he is a streak ... heading for home. Rascal!
Skies are pretty gray here too, today and it is windy.
Becky, I'll just look at your photos and enjoy the snow from afar. We had rain, ice, and snow yesterday - quite a mess here, but the ground remains bare.
This is a great post. I really enjoyed it. I particularly liked the photos of the bare trees with the sun trying so hard to penetrate the clouds in the background.
Bobbie
Oops, caught in the act, great picture of Azrael. But I can imagine, as you mention, that the birds aren't too happy about her behaviour.
Post a Comment