WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Watery Wednesday


This is a favorite from last summer, and since it is cold, dark, and miserable here lets enjoy something from a more pleasant day. . We stopped for lunch one afternoon while out shopping, and while eating in the van we spied this Mallard in a little pond near the parking lot. He was very obliging in letting me take lots of photos.
Thanks to 2sweetnsaxy for hosting this fun site. Click on http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com/ to see more watery photos.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo! I'm enjoying all the duckie photos today - they just make me smile :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun when the wildlife enjoys the attention we are giving them. Nice photo of a happy duck.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo and I love the Christmas header. :-)

Naturegirl said...

Something calming about watching the ducks in a pond...particularly when here it is snowing!Great photo!

Anonymous said...

Very nice shot! I love the look of the reflection of the duck in the water.

In case you want to see it, my Watery Wednesday entry is posted here.

Jan said...

Love the mallard. This is a great photo.

Carletta said...

Great reflection!
Thanks for the reminder - two inches of snow here so a nice spring image is welcomed.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I just love duck photos, and this one is lovely.

Gill in Canada

Anonymous said...

Nice picture...

me ann my camera said...

Although very common I think male Mallards are very beautiful indeed!

EG CameraGirl said...

Nice to see a duck whose not only photogenic but is OK with you taking his picture.

Mary said...

A touch of warmth in your cold, cold world :-) Lovely shot!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome fellow, and a great watery reflection, too!

Connie T. said...

This is a pretty picture. I like how the water reflects the duck. PS: I like your tree picture too.

Allison said...

Looking at wildlife never gets old. Great photo!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Nice shot of an always lovely bird.Memories are so goodand right now it is great to remember warmer days.
Blessings,Ruth

BNS said...

Very nice shot of the Mallard, Becky, and I love your Christmasy header photo, too.

Guy D said...

Lots of ducks this week, great shot once again. Have a great week.

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

Leedra said...

Love the mallard.