When we got home we were greeted with an ice jam on the creek behind the house. It had broken loose above us, but now was directly behind our house and the water was rising.The temperature was in the 50's and so much snow melted. Thank goodness it didn't rain very much. As it is our sump pump is running again carrying out water from the sump hole in the basement that seeps in through the ground when the creek gets high.
WOODYNOOK CREATIONS
Thursday, February 12, 2009
On Wednesday morning I had a dentist appointment, and after we stopped at Wal-Mart for a few minutes. Behind the store I spotted this small flock of turkeys. I'm not sure what they were up to. It looks like they were all preening. They were too far away to see clear.
Then I thought this church steeple looked cool through the trees.

When we got home we were greeted with an ice jam on the creek behind the house. It had broken loose above us, but now was directly behind our house and the water was rising.The temperature was in the 50's and so much snow melted. Thank goodness it didn't rain very much. As it is our sump pump is running again carrying out water from the sump hole in the basement that seeps in through the ground when the creek gets high.
When we got home we were greeted with an ice jam on the creek behind the house. It had broken loose above us, but now was directly behind our house and the water was rising.The temperature was in the 50's and so much snow melted. Thank goodness it didn't rain very much. As it is our sump pump is running again carrying out water from the sump hole in the basement that seeps in through the ground when the creek gets high.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Becky, hope all goes well today. It's raining here, and I have small ponds in my yard. Hope the creek keeps flowing in the right direction, and stays out of your yard.
Wow..I hope your ice jam melts soon and moves on. Water problems are such a pain to deal with. Glad your pump does a good job! Somehow, turkeys behind WalMart just sounds so "country" and makes me smile. I'm glad the wild birds can still survive in the face of all the progress and parking lots we throw up in their way. Lovely steeple!
That looks wicked. I hope it stays where it belongs.The church in the trees is lovely. I have never seen a wild turkey you seem to have a lot of them where you live.
I'm so glad the ice jam has moved down stream. I love thaws but not the flooding part. Let's hope that for the rest of this winter it's not so cold that we get thick, thick ice...and that all snow falls are moderate. ;-)
What a mess. Water worries ... ugh. We are high and dry here with more, lack of water worries than flood worries.
We don't have wild turkeys in our neck of the woods.
I hope the night passed without mishap.
I hope this means that summer is on its way Becky, but I do hope that it does not get into your basement again.
Post a Comment