WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

We had a gorgeous day Monday, and I wandered out to try to take a walk on the one trail that isn't under water. This first shot is at the entrance to the "Llama" trail. I found this fungus growing on a low lying branch.

This is actually part of our pond ( in the foreground), and French Creek in the background. It doesn't look very wide, but is around 30 ft. across at this point. Way down stream about 40 miles we saw on TV last night there are several ice jams. We live roughly 15 miles from the beginning of French Creek, and do get ice jams here too, but nothing is happening yet. You can see a small stream cut in between the pond and the creek that the beavers have made.
The snow on the trail is about 18" deep and hard enough to walk right on top.

We took a ride right at dusk to find the deer, and weren't disappointed. There were lots of them at the corn crib.
This shot isn't very clear, but I loved the expression on the faces, and the difference between the young and the older does.

I tried a flash shot and got a different look.
On the way home that moon was so pretty, and the sun was gone at this point. I waited too long to get a picture of it.

The temperature got up to 54ยบ today, ( Tuesday) and melted so much snow. It was very windy too. On Wednesday we are supposed to have rain later in the day, maybe even a thunder storm and already there is a high wind watch for our area.
Take care everyone.

6 comments:

Dianne said...

love the deer!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Those are really lovely shots Becky. It is amazing how the lights reflect in the animals eyes.

BNS said...

Love the shots of the deer. They look rather relaxed -- no tails up in alarm.

Mary said...

Looks like a great day! I love the wagon wheel at the start of the trail and the water really looks high. It is pouring here right now and our driveway is one huge puddle and the lake looks like it will spill over. The deer are great! They look very startled to have been caught at the corn crib :-) The flash shot makes the deer look eerie. Grat moon!

Betty said...

Great pictures. I really like the one with the wagon wheel.The moon shot is beautiful. The deer are special too.

Gail said...

I love the deer also, I hate to say it but my gradddaughter has shot her first deer this season, she actually got 2. I told her I don't know how she can shoot something so beautiful, she is a animal lover herself.