I have to show you all this
mammoth Black Walnut tree in Erie County, Pa that is estimated by
arborists to be between 270 and 300 years old. It measures 17 feet around. The large limb that stretches out to the left is 60 feet long and measures nearly 9 feet in circumference.


In our yard high up in a Aspen tree is a European starling.

Down on the creek trail I found a spotted sandpiper.

On Monday we went to the beach and discovered someone was running in his bare feet. The sun was shining, but it was quite cool.

The breakers where we were are covered in Gulls.

We also saw the resident Mute swans with their "kids"

This one hasn't got all it's white plumage yet.

Back at home the neighbors have the cutest donkey.

Finally yesterday morning a female Red-bellied woodpecker stopped by. I haven't seen one in 2 years.

I guess that's all for now. The beautiful weather continues. I see they are having snow out in the west, so guess what we'll be getting next!
6 comments:
That tree is HUGE BEcky!! It must look beutiful with its fall colors. That donkey is cute. I dont know but there is just something about them. :)
That's quite the tree!
No wonder that person was running! Bare feet at this time of year. Our coldest night so far this fall. Brrrr
That walnut tree is a real beauty, I do hope it is protected.
Great photos. Looks like you had a great week in nature. Guess you better enjoy as much as possible. Old man winter is creeping in fast!!! YIKES
One reason I like your blog is all the beautiful pictures. Especially the ones of nature, which are always so nice and clear.
A very huge tree! That limb looks like gravity should bring it down. Love all the animals...the donkey, horses, red-bellied woodpecker,sandpiper, swans, gulls....you saw a lot! Great photos in this post.
Post a Comment