WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Busy week-end


A really busy day yesterday, so I didn't get to take many pictures. We had our Thanksgiving so my sister could be with us. She is a nurse and had to work last Thursday.
Well, as you can see, with over 2" of rain in this past week , the beaver dam has washed out again, but they are busy gnawing trees for the rebuild. The creek is up at least 2 feet.

I found these pretty leaves in my perennial garden


Oh yes, we got 2.5 " of snow last night. And so it begins. Warmer temps for the beginning of the week though..



6 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

You have had a lot of rain over the last while.Those poor beavers are kept busy.I like the red leaves a lot.
Have a relaxing day.
Blessings,Ruth

Jan n Jer said...

You are as busy as those beavers. Your area is having far more rain then ours here in S.central Pa. Have a great weekend.

Cicero Sings said...

Those beavers sure are undaunted in the face of adversity! It seems such a wide spot to dam.

Springman said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG.
Your photography is amazing and the things you focus on are acute and warm at the same time.
You might be interested in World Bird Wednesday a meme dedicated to birds and the people that love to photograph them. Last week was the first week and we had twenty contributers!
It's great to be your newest follower!

Mary said...

The leaves are beautiful! I'm not ready for snow...ever.

Margaret Cloud said...

Those poor Beavers, pretty soon they will run out of trees or have to go further to get them. Loved that flowers. We have not had snow yet but very cold.