WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Macro Monday

More gloomy days in our region, so I chose to work in the greenhouse a bit where there is at least some color. Some of these flowers have an area in the center that looks like an angel.
This is an Orchid I have blooming now, but it has no scent ;~(
Thanks to Lisa for keeping this fun meme going.
Click on over to her site http://lisaschaos.com/ to see lots more close-ups.


15 comments:

Jan said...

Wonderful photos, Becky. I bet the greenhouse is a welcome diversion on a winter's day.

Anonymous said...

I love orchids, and this color is just spectacular! I love how they appear to have a little face w/ a tongue hanging out...they look hungry!

Tammie Lee said...

quite beautiful, we can even see the texture of the petals.

Maaike said...

very pretty!
happy new year!

Jane said...

Lovely colour, great shots and I love your Soggy Saturday Nature shots too. Thanks for sharing:)

Bom said...

Great color Becky! And you've also capture the velvety softness of the petals.

Hootin Anni said...

Wow, such a vivid, beautiful 'hot pink' orchid blossom!

My macro is now published. I hope you can find time to visit.

EG CameraGirl said...

NICE photo, Becky. I LOVE the vibrant colours! Now I'm wishing that I had a heated greenhouse! :)

Jan n Jer said...

What a great hobby to have a green house to work in during the dreary winter months. Such a breath of fresh air to see such a beautiful flower in bloom. Great shot!

Colleen said...

A greenhouse sounds like a wonderful place to be. All warm and full of bright colors! Beautiful shots!

Kala said...

Gorgeous color and detail. Good to see these shots when it's so cold and dreary outside.

Unknown said...

Very pretty! I love orchids!!

Mary said...

Interesting about the angel! Very pretty. If I had all your snow, I would live out in that greenhouse.

Kerri Farley said...

Lovely!

Margaret Cloud said...

Very beautiful flower. It must be nice to see flowers in the winter right in your back yard.