This is what our back yard looked like most of the day Wednesday. On again off again and we got 9"of snow in 24 hours.. Total snowfall for the year to date is 148" Enough to go skiing don't you think?
LOL
High up in a Willow tree the Bald Eagle keeps an eye on everything.

At the corn crib, the deer have knocked down the snow fence and hop over the electric fence meant to keep them out.

Yesterday the Cooper's hawk spent the entire day spying on my birds. In this shot I noticed a red spot on the front breast feathers. I think he had made a kill although I couldn't find any feathers around. It didn't appear to be an injury since he wasn't having any problems flying.

Sometimes the only pictures I can get are the rear view.

This Carolina Wren scolds the Cooper's hawk.

More snow predicted for tonight and tomorrow. After all it IS winter
Have a great rest of the week everyone.
6 comments:
You have such beautiful winter scenes around you as well as nature at work no matter how gruesome it may appear.
Great shots.
That deer picture is precious.
Perfect Xmas card.
And the wren of course, always a winner.
jo
And I thought we had a lot of snow!That is an interesting spot on the hawk.
Great captures! That Hawk is AWESOME!!!
wow...bald eagles and hawks! And deer! How wonderful. Makes up for all that snow :-) Love the little wren. I found one of mine dead yesterday...I was so sad.
Wonderful shots. The Cooper's Hawk is amazing, look at the camouflage!
Post a Comment