WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Friday, January 28, 2011

Weekend Reflections

I love taking photographs of icicles, and this will be my weekend reflection.
In the first picture you can see the icicle itself just as a drip gets ready to fall. The same icicle enlarged, you can see an image appear in the drip.
As the picture is rotated, now you can see a bird feeder, a fence post, a Maple tree, a sundial to the right at the base of the tree, and maybe some snow falling.
Happy Weekend Reflections and do click on over to http://newtowndailyphoto.blogspot.com
to see lots more reflections.


12 comments:

Inger-M said...

Wow, those are truly awesome! I love how you turned the last one to better show what the reflection is. So tiny and so clear!
Have a great weekend :-)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Wow,that' neat.

Oakland Daily Photo said...

It's astonishing what nature offers us if we just look. Super shot.

Sylvia K said...

Terrific captures and lovely reflections! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Pat Tillett said...

Wow! That is amazing!
I also LOVE your header photo...

Gine said...

Hé ! c'est amusant et bien vu !

Rune Eide said...

Icicles are fun :-)

Jan n Jer said...

How fun...great shot!

joco said...

Now that is upmarket: icicle reflections, One step up from just drops..( which I still can't seem to manage).

Arija said...

The mirror effects can be quite surprising. I too love icicles except when they fall on my head. No fear of that as my brain starts leaking out of my ears at 42C today. Yesterday was 39C and there is no let=up in sight.

I'm scraping along . . . do mail me and let me know where you are at.

Have a good weekend my dear.

'Tsuki said...

Nice geometrical structure on this piece of ice... Well done !

Margaret Cloud said...

Very nice pictures, I have always enjoyed looking at ice cycles, not one is alike.