WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, January 31, 2011

Ruby Tuesday


This Orchid I have blooming now does have a pretty red center, but no scent :~(
Happy Ruby Tuesday. Click on over to http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/ to see what mary/the teach has done with this great meme.


9 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

The hearts of those orchids are gorgeous!

SEEING RED

Tonight, my dear, I’m seeing red—
Or is it puce or rose?
Whatever’s going round my head
Is tingling all my toes.

My heart, my dear, becomes inflamed
With passion sore ablaze;
Perhaps it is because I miss
Your glowing, crimson gaze.

Whate’er the cause, my face is flushed
Like a ripened cherry,
No longer healthy, but inflamed—
See the vessels serry*?

A certain sanguine aftertaste
Is clinging to my tongue,
For I have kissed your ruby lips—
To which the claret clung.


*serry – (archaic) to crowd closely together

© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Lady in Red

genie said...

These orchids are beautiful and the way you composed this shot is lovely. I would love to be able to grow them. The way the light is shining on the leaves makes it all so interesting to the eye. Lovely work.

Ruth Hiebert said...

You grow the most beautiful orchids.I always think of them as being difficult to grow.Of course,since my indoor green thumbs have turned brown,everything is difficult for me to grow. :)
Ruth

Arija said...

Oh, very nice. How many orchids have you got? I have some 50+ and cannot keep up with them all. I may have to give away or sell all those that have no scent.

Hugs . . . Arija

EG CameraGirl said...

OOOH! The blossoms are gorgeous, Becky! You certainly have a green thumb!

DrillerAA said...

Gorgeous flowers and perfect for a Ruby Tuesday post.

srp said...

What a gorgeous and unusual color. My mom is trying to grow orchids. The one she purchased at Sam's isn't really potted in a good pot but it was blooming when she purchased it November 2009 and did so until September 2010 without stopping. It quit for two months and started up again. What is the name of this one and is it easy to grow?
Ruby Rainbow

Margaret Cloud said...

The Orchid is very pretty, love the center. A few years ago I was out in the back yard and looked towards the woods and there stood a beautiful white Orchid, but the next day it was gone, and no sign of it. Have a nice week.

me ann my camera said...

What beautiful flowere.! It would go so well with my winter sunshine quilt I have made recently.
have a great winter day!
Ann