More shots from our ride to Lake Erie a few days ago. Not much wildlife but I did spot some Mallards in this harbor. Of course one of them took off just as I shot this picture.

This group of resting Ringed seagulls included at least one Bonaparte gull. The ice in the harbor has begun to melt, and it provides lots of places for these birds to sleep.

Here is another look at the broken ice pieces. Just a few days ago it was frozen solid.

On the way home at the "corn crib" is just one lonely little doe. She wasn't too afraid, and it was surprising to see here here by herself.

The heavy snows have brought down part of the roof of this old barn.

Back at my feeders, the Carolina wren seems frozen in time having spotted the Cooper's hawk. Seldom do I ever see it this still, so I took advantage and got several shots.

Such a cute face!

We had some record warm temps today, and plenty of melting took place. The creek behind our home is really high, running fast, full of ice chunks. 2 of my 4 trails are under water right now. I wonder how the Beavers are...It has rained fairly hard all day too, and we have several streams of water scooting across the floor in our basement. The sump pump got it's first workout of the year, and hopefully it won't need to be tested again for a while.
4 comments:
I enjoyed these pictures.The ice formations are interesting.It always amazes me,to see how motionless the birds can become when a predator is in the area.Wow,melting snow and rain,sounds like spring.Nothing like that happening here,-20C right now BRRRR!
Blessings,Ruth
Great wintery shots. Those ice chunks look like big stepping stones! Love that little wren...so sweet! This has been a weird winter so far...the temps are either above normal or below! The new year has started out being mild in the 50's. Would love to keep it that way!
I like the lake shots, especially the broken up ice and the ducks and gulls. Love that wren :-) They just make you smile. Beautiful deer! Too bad about the barn roof. We had high temps for one day and now it is cold again.
It sure does look wintry!! LOL I love your Carolina wren!
We had a big melt last weekend but have already gotten a fresh layer of snow.
Post a Comment