WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Another week-end.

Up in this roof overhang a female house sparrow checks it out for a possible nesting place. This is the creek out behind our house. The water rose lots over the past few days due to all the snow melt. Thank goodness we didn't have any rain with it.

I am able to walk the "upper" trail and I found a spot of green. Moss with a tiny leaf.

Usually everyday a large flock of blackbirds stop by for a snack. Here are a few Brown headed Cowbirds.



This guy appeared in the back yard this afternoon. What a fat critter he is. Ground hog, wood chuck, or whistle pig, they are kind of cute, but oh the holes they dig!



I was hoping to get a good shot at the big moon last night, but no dice. Way too cloudy.

8 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

The creek looks pretty high,but soon all that water will recede and the new growth will show up.

Kerri Farley said...

I didn't know that wood chucks and ground hogs were the same :) They are cute!

TexWisGirl said...

Oh my gosh, that fat little groundhog is adorable! :)

Jan n Jer said...

Wow the water is really high! Cute pics of the groundhog...I hear you on the holes they dig!!!!

EG CameraGirl said...

Great shots of the groundhog!

I'm glad the creek didn't rise any higher, It sure does look full!

Kristine said...

This is the first place I've ever lived where we get to see ground hogs. They are much nicer, cuter, and pleasant to watch than prairie dogs.

Wow, spring has shown her lovely face already in western NY!

Mary said...

Love that big fat groundhog...great shots!

Margaret Cloud said...

The creek looks full and hope it did not reach your house. Love that fat little critter and all your pictures.