WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thursday and more cold and snow

Well, they say Spring is here, but in words only. We got 3" of heavy wet snow last night, and maybe some freezing rain over night..
I was surprised yesterday afternoon by this female Redpoll. Earlier in the winter I saw some too, but they didn't stay. I don't imagine this one will hang around either, but at least I did get some pictures this time.
There are a few Song Sparrows still hanging around too. They will be moving on soon.


A cold wet Mourning dove rests on my weather station.


Now that the snow is all gone, look what the Moles have done to our back yard. I don't remember ever seeing it this bad, and it will take lots of lawn rolling.

Daylillies are popping up, so I know there is hope out there that Spring can't be that far off.

5 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is a lot of damage by the Moles.I do hope that this is the last snow of the season for you.We were pared snow this time around,but it is still early and anything can happen.

Jan n Jer said...

Snow snow go away!!!! we are getting flurries here right now!!! Great pics...those moles are so destructive!!! Stay warm and hopefully April will be warmer and no more snow!!!

Kerri Farley said...

Oh your Redpoll is just gorgeous!! I've never seen one in person.
Can't wait to see your flowers in bloom :)
Wishing you sunshine and warmth!

TexWisGirl said...

I've never seen a redpoll either except on several blogs I follow. They're just lovely. But your dove shot is my favorite. What a gorgeous, soft, fluffed-up beauty.

Margaret Cloud said...

We have more Redpoll's in the warmer weather. I just love Morning Doves' On Denise's blog this morning she shows a Morning Dove that made her nest in a planter on her friends patio. I always enjoy your photos.