WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Before I begin my blog, I want to wish all the Mom's out there a very Happy Mother's Day. My Mom was a wonderful and such a special person, and I miss her so much.
I took this picture this afternoon around 2PM. I found a ring or halo around the sun. These rings are caused by ice crystals within thin cirrus clouds,
While watching trains last week, I spotted this Green Heron flying over our van and landed on this log not far from the tracks.
Still hanging around my yard is this male Indigo Bunting. He usually will only be here a week or so, but so far I'm hopeful he will like this area and not leave.

Checking out the Great Blue heron rookery, I finally could see some chicks. There are only 4-5 nests left and I still wonder how they remain in the trees.


Another regular visitor to my feeders is this female Rose-breasted Grosbeak. I have two pair, and would love to find a nest.
Have a wonderful day everyone.

5 comments:

Arija said...

Happy Mothers' Day to you my dear. I do hope your Indigo Bunting finds a local little lady and stays to raise a family.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Wonderful pictures. The Indigo Bunting is a beautiful bird.

Kerri Farley said...

Happy Mother's Day!!

Laura said...

Beautiful Becky...Happy Mother's day to you too!

Kristine said...

To see those gorgeous water birds . . . I don't live in the middle of the city, but I've only seen birds like this a handful of times.