WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Macro Monday

For Macro Monday this week I found several of these adorable Milkweed Tiger Moth caterpillars. It is only about 1" and I think it looks like pieces of yarn.
Happy Monday, and click on over to http://lisaschaos.com to see lots more closeups.

10 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

What a neat looking caterpillar, and it does look like a yarn creation. I read the previous post on the honey bee hive in the tree - so glad it was able to be moved intact. I'm sure they'll enjoy a brand new home next year.

Jan said...

What a fabulous shot. I love it.

Ruth Hiebert said...

My first thought was,it looks like a shaggy dog. Have a wonderful week.

Carletta said...

He/she certainly looks like threads somebody has picked up and twisted together.
He is unique. Nice find Becky!

Jama said...

That is a stunning macro!

w said...

ok. this is pretty awesome. i've never seen a caterpillar like this before!

Pat said...

Cool little critter!

January Zelene said...

pretty caterpillar.

Macro Spider

Mary said...

Looks like someone took a bunch of yarn and started tying knots. What a strange but neat looking critter!

A Colorful World said...

This is wonderful! I've never seen one before! I love your blog...have been visiting through Fridays Fences for several weeks now.