WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, October 22, 2012

Barn Charm

A couple weeks ago I posted this Amish barn raising after the old barn burned down. Someone was burning trash too close to the barn, and caught it on fire.
Here is the finished barn. I had a couple comments asking if I would post the barn when it was done. I have an idea this barn will be used for hay storage.
Click on over to http://bluffareadaily.blogspot.com to see lots more barns.

12 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

gosh, i sure hope this one will last. fingers crossed. (:

Rose said...

It sure doesn't take them long to do something. I bet it is really well built. Glad you are showing the end result...I bet I was one of the ones that wanted to see the end product.

Bev said...

Great Barn raising!!

Mari said...

Nice to see the finished project - it looks nice!

Carletta said...

Wonderful update Becky.
I was hoping it being Amish that it would be wood. :)

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Nice teamwork and classic red, my favorite.

Kerri Farley said...

WOW - looks like it got built pretty quick!

Mary said...

Look good! If they store hay, lets hope they keep the fire further away this time!

Anonymous said...

I hope they didn't lose all the hay that might have been stored in the old barn that burned down... Everyone around here had to get hay from out of state, because there wasn't any in the area due to the drought. =0

Jori said...

Thank you so much for sharing!! I think this is SO interesting. We have some Amish folks living by us, but I have never seen a barn raising. Very cool!

Pat said...

Great shot of the barnraising.

genie said...

Our poor New York Yankees. We must not give up. There is always 2013. Hope Jeter heal well. I would be tickled to actually see a barn raising. I have read about them but never seen one. It turned out beautifully. I know the family is a happy one. genie