WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Here, There and Everywhere

With all the heavy fog and dew lately it's a good time to look for spider webs. We took a ride to see the Steel Head Trout run. The stream was full of 100's of these fish. In this shot you can see one of the fish jump the falls. No fishermen on this day though. The waves in the lake were too high and the wind was really strong. This stream is off limits to fisher people as it is a nursery stream.


A small flock of Canada geese came fairly close, and I found one that is a cross between a Canada and a domestic goose.




This is one of the black Squirrels that live in Westfield, New York. There are lots of them and they are fairly large and well fed.

Down by the lake a huge flock of Gulls swarm around a person throwing crackers to them.


It's Concord grape season around here, and you should smell the air! It's heavenly..

The Hydrangea trees are in full bloom. They make such gorgeous dried flowers. I like to take a drive by this cemetery where they are, when they fall off the tree and gather up a few for decorations.

And there are some ever bearing red raspberries ripe. Lots more berries are coming on IF we don't get a killing frost.
It's been a really cold and gloomy today. The temperature this morning was 37 deg. About normal for this time of year I guess. Tomorrow more rain in store. The rain is taking down some of the pretty leaves, and I hope by the time the sun does shine again, there are some of them left to photograph.

4 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Yum! Concord grapes and raspberries.
Ruth

Jan n Jer said...

Isnt it wonderful to see nature through the lens of a camera...these are great shots!

jan m said...

Sorry you're in for a gloomy day Becky. Somehow we got lucky and have a second sunny, somewhat warm, day. I have the kitchen window open to hear the birdsong.
I would love to see the steel head trout jump the falls there ~ that's quite a feat!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

You are making me hungry!! :) There is nothing nicer than to be able to pick these things straight off the bush and eat them. My veggie patch never seems to turn up much for cooking as I eat them just like that as they ripen. :)