The tree you see in the background is a Norway maple, and will hang onto it's leaves longer than any other maple. At least it is turning yellow. Some years it will remain green even till snow flies.
Of course Halloween is getting closer too.
The ever bearing raspberries are quite nice now that the Japanese beetles have all gone.
We had quite a gusty rain and wind storm last night leaving us with 1" of rain. The creek is really high, and the beaver dam has almost washed away. I have a picture I took this afternoon and will post it tomorrow.
WOODYNOOK CREATIONS
Thursday, October 28, 2010
More changing season shots
The Fall season is changing faster now. The fawns are growing up and are looking like young adults. This one plus 3 more were on the creek trail Tuesday afternoon.
I also saw a small flock of Pine Siskins taking a breather snacking on some shelled sunflower seeds. Last year only one Siskin stopped here. The year before I had 100's.
With all the damp weather some of these mushrooms are quite large growing under our Spruce trees. This one about 6" across.
The creek trail has changed also. Gone are the soft grassy trails that let me walk quietly and sometimes sneak up on the wildlife. Now with all the dried up leaves paving the way it is very noisy, and I have to be more alert for any movement. Crunch, crunch.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
A lovely post Becky. We have had a bit of rain so I hope that soon our dry leaves will decay and allow me to walk sofly too. :)
Love all your shots of the changing season! I still can't believe summer is already gone and the leaves are all falling around me! It's beautiful, but already so cold. Spring, please hurry and come! LOL
Great shots...a reminder that winter is slowly creeping its way in! YIKES!
Ever bearing raspberries -- now that's new to me -- I've only heard of ever bearing strawberries!
Even with the crunchy leaves, the woods are so inviting.
Love the bounty of your raspberries, don't the deer help themselves?
The bears in Vt. use to raid my father-in-law's patch
almost every summer.
Raspberries this late in the year? Wow. I haven't seen a Pine Siskin since last winter. They are so pretty. That's a very large mushroom!
Post a Comment