WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Macro Monday

The Goldenrod has all gone to seed, and this is what it looks like up close up. I wish I could invent something to do with Goldenrod. There are millions of plants in the fields and all there for the taking. LOL
Happy Macro Monday. Click on http://lisaschaos.com to see lots more close ups.


16 comments:

namaki said...

These are nice close ups ! are they very pricky ?

Jan said...

While you're thinking of what to invent, we can all enjoy the beauty of your photos.

Joanne Olivieri said...

Very nicely captured and presented. Well done.

Bom said...

Who would have thought dried weeds would make interesting subjects. These are cool shots!

Kala said...

Nice details of the white "hairs" of this plant once it's gone to seed.

Tammie Lee said...

there is something so wonderful about seeds.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

It is very pretty Becky. Some people here collect and dry wild flowers, seeds, weeds etc then build about a 2 inch deep frame, arrange these on a board and cover it with glass. They make very attractive wall hangings.

Maaike said...

great macro's
never seen this plant

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

all ready for seed dispersal

Jan n Jer said...

maybe you could invent a none sneezing shield for the goldenrod! LOL. Hay Fever...ugh!

joco said...

It's an official dye plant.
Makes a nice yellow or even green.
You can dye yarn and knit a goldenrod hat :-)

Anonymous said...

These are really beautiful...that white just glows!

Charlene said...

Love the second photo...such a great close-up.

Mary said...

Looks like Goldfinch heaven....don't they eat the seeds? I'm sure some bird does.

EG CameraGirl said...

Great shots of the goldenrod! I didn't play Macro Monday this week as it was Theme Day for the City Daily Photo people. Next week I plan to post a Macro Monday shot though. :)

Margaret Cloud said...

I like the looks of the open Goldenrod. Too bad you can't color them like they do pussy willows.