WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Last week

In between raindrops last week, we did have some beautiful skies., even though the temps were only in the 50's. These types of clouds have been around for days. This moon was visible between the clouds around 6PM one evening.
Then the very next morning we had a heavy frost. This is on the end of a fence post.

The colors in the trees are at their peak in this region this week.


In Erie, Pennsylvania, down near the Bay is the Bicentennial Tower that allows you to climb or take the elevator to the top to see all over the city and the Peninsula by Lake Erie. Of course this day it was closed.



Out on one of the piers, a couple guys enjoy a day of fishing.

We also spied a pair of Mute Swans.
They were far away, and never did get very close.
A busy day today. More cleanup out around the property before winter. We have just about everything ready for all the white stuff. Did I really say that?
Hope everyone is having a wonderful safe weekend.






6 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

Oh yes, the white stuff is coming soon.

My garden is mostly asleep. Therevis still one bed that should be put to rest.

Nothing producing -- at our elevation nothing much produces after the end of August.

Lovely clouds and colors.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I must admit that I love the frost picture.Yes,it seems a little early too be thinking frost and snow.
Blessings,Ruth

Kristine said...

Becky, your photos ALWAYS take my breath away. I pointed out your header pic to Robert, and we noticed the ski lift on the left!

Margaret Cloud said...

Oh no, you said the "W" word. It won't be long, a couple weeks will be November. I wish we had a tower to see the beautiful fall colors. You do take the nicest pictures, so clear. It seems we get into September and the clouds hang around right through winter.

EG CameraGirl said...

OH! I see you have had frost indeed! Well, I guess it should be no surprise, really. :)

Mary said...

That moon photo is terrific! Wow! I love the swans, too.