Here it is mid week, and we haven't had any sun in about 6 days. There is promise for some tomorrow, and we'll gladly welcome any at all, but time will tell.
During a trip recently to the lake, the winds whipping around and made for some rough waves.

Even with dreary days there remains some color in the leaves. I just hope it holds out till this rain moves out.

Lots of spider webs around.

I got new chickens yesterday. I've had more requests for fresh eggs, and needed more hens in my flock. The white ones are the new chickens, and are called Light Brahmas. They lay brown eggs,
and came with a beautiful rooster. I think I'll call him
Cogburn.

It's been a busy week so far. I'm so sorry again that I haven't been commenting lately, and now it's time to get the wood stove ready for winter. It needed re- bricking and our son was putting them all in place when he noticed at least 2 cracks in the cast iron around the door. Now it will have to have the bricks taken out, be taken to the shop, welded, brought back, re-bricked again and all wired up. Trying to get it up our cellar stairs will be a feat. The stove will probably weigh around 400 pounds. Anybody in the area on Saturday feel free to stop in and give us a hand....
Just kidding.
6 comments:
My goodness,you do have a huge job ahead of you.
I enjoyed the pictures.The waves rolling in look kind of ominous,yet beautiful.
Blessings,Ruth
Hopefully you will see the sun soon! We had 4 straight days of rain n clouds, but today the sun is out...YAH! Love your spider web pic. Getting ready for winter is work sometimes!
I haven't been commenting much either-- but I'm down at the coast with very sporadic Internet connections.
That wood stove has given you a lot of grief this year. All our "things" need so much maintenance. My car apparently needs a lot of expensive work. I'm going to check with my brotherinlaw first though.
We have just had our first rains and I am SO pleased about it. It does not look as if it is going to stop soon by you so everything must be soak already. Poor you!!
Love the autum colors which are starting Becky and that spiderweb.
I do wish you could send your excess rain to us! We're still dry. Love the chickens and spider web and the water photo. That sounds like a lot of work to get the stove fixed. There isn't anyway to weld it where it is?
Post a Comment