WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Midweek

On our way to the grocery store this morning I spotted this Bald Eagle sitting in this old dead tree at the edge of a field. The crows really were tormenting him, but he just sat there . We stopped for a while and eventually he flew around this field. We saw what he was looking at, a dead raccoon laying along side the road. We got our groceries, went out to lunch, took a ride to take some photos, and 4 hours later checked back and the eagle was still in that old tree.
Driving by a small lake in Clymer, New York it was full to the gills of Canada geese. Can you imagine the noise when they all take off?


Down on the creek trail at home, the Wood ducks seem to have left and the Common Mergansers have taken over the dead tree.


I also found this huge Snapping turtle crawling through the swampy water near the creek.






A beautiful day today and I couldn't resist a picture of the Aspen leaves against the blue sky.

Early in the morning as the sun shines through the trees in our front yard.


As I type this Wednesday night there is rain on the horizon. So much for the nice weather.
Hope your week is going as planned.

6 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

That last picture is the most gorgeous shot.I love those sunbeams.WOW!
Blessings,Ruth

Jan n Jer said...

Great pics, that snapping turtle is huge! Love the last shot of the light coming through the trees. What a thrill to get a shot of an eagle too!

Cicero Sings said...

That last picture turned out well. Our weather is changing too -- more cloud and possible rain. Temperatures (daytime) have been so mild. Made for lovely walaunt, uncle and cousin coming today for lunch. They love about 2 1/2 hours away.

Margaret Cloud said...

I agree with Ruth, that light ray is very nice. We have Eagles here but I have never seen them. Very nice pictures as usual, so interesting.

Mary said...

wow...great eagle and snapping turtle shots! That last photo is beautiful with the light coming theough the trees like that.

Kay L. Davies said...

Imagine having that beauty in your back yard. Your other photos are beautiful -- I was initially attracted by the thumbnail shot for Skywatch Friday, but had to look at some more. Just wonderful.

Kay, Alberta