WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

World Bird Wednesday

Since this past week offered only one sunny day, and no new birds showed up, I thought I would post some antics from the Pine Siskins, and House Finches that were here last winter. They provided lots of entertainment and did plenty of arguing.












Don't forget to click on http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com/ to see lots more bird photos.
Have a great GroundHog's day too. I predict there is lots more winter in store.

16 comments:

Larry said...

Nice shots of the Pine Siskins and Finches B & G. They are so much fun to watch. A pretty rowdy bunch I'd say!

Jan n Jer said...

Lots of cute birds to watch..you feed them well.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like all the in flight captures.
Ruth

Martha Z said...

Great captures of the birds in the air.

Sally in WA said...

Lovely series on what looks like a cold day.

mick said...

Bird inter-action is always fun to watch. Great photos!

holdingmoments said...

Great action shots round the feeders.

I hope your prediction is wrong lol

Arija said...

The third shot has the most beautiful fan-spread wings. A fabulous capture indeed.

me ann my camera said...

I love pictures of birds in flight and the pictures you have posted today are lovely ones on the sidelines. You got a snowstorm today? we have and are expecting lots of snow. I wonder if there will be any groundhog action and observations today? I'm always looking for an early spring forecast!
Ann

jo said...

Very pretty effect, this white-out.
Just goes to show how hard their wings work.

Cicero Sings said...

I too like the in flight captures enhanced by the snowy white background.

Pat said...

This is the way our goldfinches bicker over the perches at the feeder! Nice post!

Unknown said...

Great action shots. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Hilke Breder said...

I had some pine siskins last year. They are ferocious defenders of their spot at the trough, wouldn't let any other species come near it. Nice capture!!

theconstantwalker said...

Very busy at your feeders the birds will love you for that. Lovely images.

Springman said...

Great job of freezing those birds in flight! That is one popular feeder. Your blog is filled with such a wide variety of photographs. I found your turkey feet particularly amusing. The water droplets are cool too! ;-)WBW