WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ducks, ducks, and more ducks.

We saw lots of ducks on a recent trip to Lake Erie.
Buffleheads A few Canada geese on the waters edge. I see they are beginning to pair up too.
Taking a bath.


On a small pond I found one lonely male Hooded Merganser.

Redhead male.

More Redheads

Canvasbacks and Redhead.

Female Ringed-neck duck.

Lesser Scaup.

All there ducks were in one place except that Merganser. The wind was blowing pretty hard, and they were quite far away, so these shots aren't the best.

7 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful series and a great variety of ducks.

TexWisGirl said...

But still a lovely mish-mash of ducks all in one place! :)

Jan n Jer said...

What a wide variety of ducks..you are so knowledgeable on the proper names...to me they are ducks!!!Great shots!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Wonderful pictures.To see the ducks returning is a good sign.Have a wonderful weekend.
Ruth☼

EG CameraGirl said...

Wow! You saw a nice variety of ducks!

me ann my camera said...

You have a nice assortment of ducks. I envy you the Redeheads, I have nwever seen that species. The carosel horse is lovely. what magical appeal it has! It brings back wonderful exciting memories of viviting such entertainments as a child.
Ann

Kristine said...

Love seeing all of your water birds.