Here are some of the hometown gang. Not all of them, but some that come out every day.
Mr. Red-bellied woodpecker tries to get into the sunflower feeder, but it's really made for the smaller birds.

Of course Mr. Cardinal is always here. Just one pair now. The winter Cardinals have all gone onto their own nesting grounds.

Mr. Red-bellied woodpecker again in full sun.

Plenty of Chickadees too

All of a sudden I have lots, and lots of House finches.

On a recent ride, next to this old broken down barn were so many Muscovy ducks.

Also a different pair of ducks known as Domestic Mallards
. These two were in a little town stream near us.

Another sunny day, but oh so cold. Tonight down near 0 deg. again.
Can't put away the long johns just yet!
4 comments:
Your hometown gang are lovely and I would welcome them as well.I do hope it warms up soon.
Oh dear! A bit too cold for all those hungry birds - glad you're feeding them! :)
The domestic mallards are interesting. I would have thought they might be mule ducks - crossed between muscovy & mallard - but then they wouldn't be able to reproduce. Neat ducks.
Love all your visitors. We also have a lot of house finches all of a sudden.
I always enjoy your bird pictures, my birds are coming back slowly.
Post a Comment