WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Monday, March 28, 2011

Ruby Tuesday

I just don't have much to offer for Ruby Tuesday this week except the striking red eye of the male Wood duck. I was able to find a pair this afternoon on a stream in the woods. Happy Ruby Tuesday and do click on over to http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/ to see mary/the teach' site. There are lots more red shots there.

10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

I do find the male so 'odd' looking whereas his mate is so demure and proper... :)

Leora said...

Yes, that is quite a bright eye! They don't seem too interested in each other.

Maude Lynn said...

He's a beauty!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That makes a perfect picture for Ruby Tuesday. WOod Ducks are sticking in their coloration.

gengen said...

Hehe they are just friends i guess cute shot. Happy RT!

Liz said...

Beautiful capture.

My Ruby link.

Hootin Anni said...

Wow....are they gorgeous!! Of course, especially the male. I love photographing birds myself...yours is terrific.

My Ruby Tuesday Link

Hope your day is treating you well!!

Margaret Cloud said...

Very nice picture, they are a beautiful duck. Thank you for coming by and leaving such an interesting comment. Have a nice week.

'Tsuki said...

Nice feathers ! This is years I'm looking for mandarin duck feather, don't tempt me ! :D

Jan n Jer said...

Love that eye...so red!