WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Soggy Saturday

A really nasty day and sorry, but no pictures outside. These are from earlier in the week.
Plenty of visits from the White-breasted Nuthatches. Here he is again. I just can't let a day go by without more pictures of the Cooper's hawk.



This shot of a wet Mrs. Cardinal was taken by our oldest granddaughter Becca. I thought she did very well for an 8 yr. old.



The Crows come each day, sit up in the trees and look down at all the birds eating their food. They are very spooky.
On a ride to the peninsula at Lake Erie last week there was a bit of open water and I found a group of Mallard ducks resting on the ice. In the back are 3 Lesser Scaups.


Another group, large this time of Lesser Scaups and Common Goldeneyes. Of course the ever present Ringbilled Seagulls.

So much rain today. Lots of snow melting, but the creek out back is slowly rising, the sump pump is pumping water out from around the foundation of the house, and what is seeping into the basement. We are keeping a watch on everything. Snow on the way for tomorrow.
Temp now is 44 deg F - 6C. Stay dry all.

8 comments:

Arija said...

I do hope your feet stay warm and dry with the melt rising.

So nice to see your photographic skills handed down the generations.

Whatever happens, keep your spirits up.

Lately I have dug myself a bit of a black hole to hide in. Just more than necessary going on in the family.

Blessings . . . Arija

joco said...

Never a dull moment:
First the huge layers of snow, and now the threat of flooded basements.
Not fair :-)
Still, those hawk visits are on the plus side. Wonderful coat of feathers.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Nice variety of pictures.I hope the water stays at a manageable level.

Jan n Jer said...

Love that photo of the coopers hawk! Becca did a great job of capturing that cardinal with the camera. I see your area is expecting maybe a foot of snow...My goodness...this has got to be the worst winter for you guys. Hang in, stay warm n dry!!!

TexWisGirl said...

Good luck with the rains and melts! It may be a rough spring for lots of folks this year...

Jan said...

Great shots, Becky. I love that Coopers Hawk. Do you think he would re-locate to Murrieta. We have plenty of critters for him to hunt.

Mary said...

I love that hawk! So pretty. Great to see a nice variety of ducks on the lake.

Margaret Cloud said...

It is always nice to see the ducks on the lake. Will be glad to see the snow go, so the outdoors birds and animals will have it better. We are so cold here. Have a nice week.