WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

World Bird Wednesday

Here it is Wednesday again.
This week I have had the pleasure of spending some time watching the White breasted nuthatch. They are such fun to try and keep track of as they scurry up and down the trees.
Happy World Bird Wednesday, and do click on over to http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see lots more birds.







15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

Such cuties. We only see them occasionally here.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The White-breasted NUthatch may be fairly common,but still beautiful.I don't see it as often as it's cousin the Re-breasted Nuthatch.Both of these are fun to watch,but I find them hard to get a good picture of.These look great.

mick said...

Great photos of a cute little bird.

Fotokarusellen said...

A nice set of images of a beautiful bird. Well done!
Have a nice day.

Unknown said...

Grand shots of a great bird!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Jan n Jer said...

Great pics...such a cute little bird!

holdingmoments said...

Lovely bird Becky.

Mary said...

One of our cutest birds to watch. Great photos of it.

srp said...

They are so hard to get to stand still long enough for a picture. Ours are in and out of the feeder area in record time.

jocodeane said...

Hiya Becky,
They are so pert, those sweet little birds and what sharp attractive portraits of them.

theconstantwalker said...

Becky your Nuthatch is a lovely bird to see. So similar to the one I see in the UK in shape but not in colour. Lovely images

Springman said...

Nice captures Becky! ;-)WBW

Pat said...

Wonderful captures of the Nuthatch! I can never get a decent shot of one.

Larry said...

Great shots of this quick little bundle of energy Becky! I am lucky to have a pair that live here year round. They are one of my favorite birds to watch as they scamper up and down the trees and shout their call, letting everyone know they are on the way.

Margaret Cloud said...

I like watching them also. Have you ever seen a rose breasted one?