WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Busy Week

It's been a busy week. We've had many loads of firewood to stack, and we're almost finished. This is the first year that we have been done so early. Let's hope it doesn't mean a rough winter. Here are the county dump trucks as they "tared and chipped" our road earlier this week. It's creating so much dust, and then there was the earthquake on Tuesday! We did feel the tremor, the furniture was shaking and our dog was visibly upset. We didn't detect any damage though.
An early morning shot of the moon. This was around 7AM.
This is the 2nd of 3 Monarch caterpillars I have captured this season. I'll keep you all up-dated on the progress.
Goldenrod blooming at it's best. Fall is on the way for sure.
Finally the Wild cucumber. Right now they are about the size of a grape.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful week. The weather here has been perfect!

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

lovely - glad you're having good weather for your firewood!

Cicero Sings said...

I got my wood split and stacked yesterday too. My B-I-L and his subsonic it (with an electric wood splitter) while I stacked. Took about 3 hours. Chimney got cleaned too. I'm ready a little earlier than normal too. But I still have quite a list of outside chores left to do.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Life seems to be one busy week after another. Yes,there are signs of fall all around.Hope you get a chance to relax this coming weekend.

theconstantwalker said...

A lovely read and it's a lovely reminder that where ever we are on this lovely planet we all share that same Moon...

Mary said...

Busy, busy, busy....seems like that time of year. Love that moon shot! I've been looking for the caterpillars, too. I never find any chrysalises like you do. I know I spelled that wrong, but no spell-check in comments :-)

Margaret Cloud said...

Don't overdo the wood piling. Don't you just love the moon, I think the autumn moon is the pretest. I love Monarch my favorite, we raised about 25 of them from the cocoon stage to birth.