WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday

These are a few more pictures from the trail we walked on Thursday. The covered bridge crosses a small creek, and there are lots of pretty flowers.
Even the water in this creek is so low. 
Someone does a nice job with the landscaping.
The wild grapes are getting some purple color too.
As in previous years, there just haven't been many Butterflies, and after all the hot dry weather we've had, I resorted to enticing them myself with some cantaloupe rind. Here is a Red Spotted Purple butterfly that spent several hours here.
I was even lucky to get a side view.
At the same time a Question Mark Angle-wing butterfly showed up.
Of course there were plenty of these ugly flies too, but you have to admit it does have pretty colors. It reminds me of the movie "Racing Stripes"
A Grey Catbird stopped in the back yard and began scolding Azrael..
I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful shots. i love those question mark butterflies. so neat.

Jan n Jer said...

Great shots...love the butterflies...we are not seeing too many this year either!

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful captures Becky. I haven't seen as many butterflies this year either. I hope we get some rain and we they show up in abundance soon.

PS - LOVE your header!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Wow,even the fly is pretty.The bridge looks fantastic.

EG CameraGirl said...

Butterflies have been rare here this year but I saw my first red-spotted purple just today! My shots not near as good as yours though so I need to try again. :)

Margaret Cloud said...

Very nice pictures and the butterfly's were pretty. I have only seen one butterfly this year. Guess I will go down to Lake Michigan next month and see if I can see the Monarch's that stop there on their migration.