WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Week-End Goodies

Traveling to the recycling center this morning we got behind an Amish farmer driving this wagon with his kids on board, and carrying some farm machinery
Down on the creek trail a cute little Nuthatch scurries upside down on a Willow tree limb.
Down farther on the trail this Woodchuck was surprised to see me and headed for his burrow.
Also on the creek trail I checked on our wild apple tree, and the apples are looking really nice. I can't believe the deer haven't been sampling them yet.

Near Lake Erie the Concord grapes look good too. Yum, yum!
Searching for some Monarch caterpillars, I came across a Milkweed beetle, and a daddy long legs spider.
Here is a good view showing the difference between Barn Swallows on the left , and Tree swallows. They must be migrating. This past week there have been hundreds in the evening flying over the corn fields.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

what a great group of photos! love the groundhog. and those grapes! so pretty!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Very good and nice photos.

Regards!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Seeing the Amish in their old ways is fascinating,but I am glad I don't have to live that way.