WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

World Bird Wednesday

I haven't been anyplace special this week or seen any unusual birds except a very fast flying Kingfisher, so these domestic geese will get the vote for today. Please excuse the light smear on my lens. Didn't see it till it was too late.
They all just hung around the waters edge for the longest time, but as soon as I turned to photograph some flowers, off to the water they went.
You probably can't see them, but there are some youngsters in the back.
At first they all bunched together-
And I love this shot--
Little by little they formed a straight line and swam out to the other side of the lake.
Happy WBW to everyone, and do click on http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see lots more birds.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Super shots, and the bottoms up is great!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

theconstantwalker said...

Lovely images of your beautiful Geese... they are a really nice to watch.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the second to last one is good. "This butt's for you." I have yet to be given the high sign from any waterfowl. Someday.

TexWisGirl said...

i love that butt shot too!

genie said...

This definitely has to be an “extended” family. Love it! The shot with their tail ends in the air is just too cute. Boy, were you there at just the right time. Great series. Genie

fjÀllripan said...

Beautiful series! :)

Hootin Anni said...

Fabulous photo share, once again. I love bird watching. I too like the formation of the straight line...it's like the previous was their "huddle to a big play on the field" and then...marching with the quarterback. [No I'm not a sports freak...wink]

By the way, thanks for the link you left for me...it was a great read, and made a lot of sense, getting me in a much better mood, after reading what Jorge had to say about it. :o)

Arija said...

Backy, I just love domestic geese and the shot with their tails in the air is priceless.

I havent been anywhere birding either but my roses are getting pruned, I've done one side of the garden but the burl of them are still waiting for me.

holdingmoments said...

Love the shot swimming away lol

Springman said...

Reminds me of the guided kayak tour Suzanne and I took last winter. We were bunched up the same way behind our leader in the comfort of his wake! We are so domestic! Nice one Becky!

mick said...

A great series of photos. I love them all spread out and swimming away.

Pat said...

Wonderful series of these lovely geese!

Neil said...

Love the last two photos.

Fotokarusellen said...

A beautiful set of images. Well done.
Like your header very much.