WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Finally some rain!

On a walk in the Erie National Wildlife Refuge today we saw lots of beautiful ferns.
We worked all weekend and got our woodshed 1/2 full.
A surprise!  I found a frog on the end of this log when I really was photographing the Milkweed seed floating down the creek behind our home.
A family of House Wrens have set up housekeeping in my Bluebird house, and the parents are so busy bringing home snacks for the kids.
It looks like the Mourning Doves are ready to nest again too. We got 1/2" of rain today. A very welcome sight during the night.


6 comments:

Margaret Cloud said...

Boy, by the looks of the wood you did a lot of work. hope you did not over do. I love your header, I also like trains. Very nice pictures, I just love birds. Thank you for coming by, have a nice day.

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful images. love the happy wren with the bug! and the doves.

i know you're still having trouble with your dashboard stuff which causes the spacing problems in your words and photos. any chance you could load the photos in a larger size? i used to load at medium (which is the default) and then changed to large (and now extra-large after i changed my blog layout spacing). just thought that might help keep the words under the photos too. besides, your photos are lovely and i'd love to see them bigger. :)

Arija said...

Great that you have half your wood in and your birds are absolutely lovely, especially those busy little house wrens.

Our winter has been so dry I had to water the garden a couple of days ago. Last night we to finally got some rain, just 1/4", but better than nothing.

Jan n Jer said...

Love the photos...so happy to hear you got some rain. We did too! very welcome sight!!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that fern.I am always attracted to ferns,I guess its that lacy look.
Great that you finally had some rain.

Sondra said...

Congrats on the RAIN..a blessing always! Excellent shot of the wren with the moth.