WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Beautiful Fall Day

Taking a ride today on such a beautiful day, we ended up on Lake Erie, where I saw this Great Blue Heron. I haven't seen many this summer, and none at all around home.
I also spotted these Common Mergansers.
I was able to walk on our creek trail yesterday for the first time in a long time, and these grape vines are nearly as big as my arm.
After all the recent rain we still have lots of mushrooms.
I hope everyone had a safe Halloween, and have a great rest of the week.

4 comments:

Arija said...

So glad you got out for a walk and a good breath of air. Great pose of the heron, he looks like a preacher, My grapevines are just as tangled though not as thick. Hope you picked those mushrooms for dinner, i just bought some.

eileeninmd said...

Looks like a lovely day to be out and about. Love the heron and the mergansers. Great photos, have a wonderful day.

TexWisGirl said...

i like that mushroom - almost looks like some sort of cryptic writing on its cap.

Pretty Life Online said...

Up above the world, great post for skywatch.... Happy TGIF! Hoping you can visit my skywatch post.