WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

World Bird Wednesday

I don't have much to add this week except these Turkey poults crossed the road not far from our house.. You would have to hurry with your pictures because these kids don't waste time getting out of sight.
Click on http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com to see more bird shots.
I might also add that a new predator has appeared on the scene since I've gotten more laying hens. This morning around 05:30 I awoke to the familiar sound of a hoot-hoot-hoot hoot of a Great-horned owl somewhere near my barn. The automatic light over the chicken pen was on, the roosters were crowing, and Mr. Owl certainly was reading the room! I'll keep you posted, hopefully with some pictures. PS, all the girls are kept inside at night, and I don't let them out till daylight.

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

the wild turkeys are so cool to see! good luck with the owl lurker!

mick said...

Great photos of the turkey poults. They even look as if they are hurrying.

eileeninmd said...

Great sighting, I hope they find a good place to be safe and hide.

Arija said...

No wonder they're skittish, it's perilously close to Thanksgiving. Do owls attack fully grown chickens???

??? said...

You're lucky to be able to see such great birds in the wild.

Unknown said...

Great sighting!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Jan n Jer said...

Wow...good things your hens have a safe haven! That would be cool to capture a pic of the owl though!!!!

Springman said...

Getting a Turkey photo from the front is quite a trick, they are always moving away! Exciting news on the owl, unless your a chicken of course! I will hope for a picture!

joo said...

They are superb!

Chronicles of Illusions said...

love them
:)

Pat said...

Wonderful capture of this little group!

jeanlivingsimple said...

Wild Turkeys are a treat to see!

Mary said...

Neat! I don't see turkeys too often. Would love to see more of them.

Pat Ulrich said...

Turkeys are such strange looking birds, but they are a lot of fun to see in the wild!

Brian King said...

Great turkey shots! The background is wonderful.