WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Catch Up


I saw this Bald Eagle the other day on Clymer pond, and it seemed to be eating on something on the ground.
Soon it flew up to a tall tree, and with it's back to me it was time to go. No more decent pictures.
Back at home later on that same day, the sky was crowded with 100's of gulls. We live 30 miles from any bigger lake.
I tried to capture this Merganser, but he had other ideas.
This is Findley Lake and a great place to watch for migrating waterfowl.

5 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW,an eagle that close. This is beautiful. I also like to see that sky full of Gulls.

TexWisGirl said...

it is so beautiful there! love the merganser hairdo. :)

Jan n Jer said...

What a thrill to see a bald eagle so up close n personal! Looks like winter now..sigh!:(

Pat said...

Great shots! I'd love to live on a lake!

Mary said...

Great eagle shots! Wonder what he caught? Glad he didn't fly away from you.