WOODYNOOK CREATIONS

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

World Bird Wednesday

My summer birds are beginning to show up. This male Rose-breasted grosbeak is a favorite.
There is nothing like this gorgeous color, and his song is so sweet.
I have 2 pair, but the females might be tending to eggs, because I didn't see them today.
Even in flight they are impressive.
Also the White-crowned sparrow stopped by for a snack.
I hope everyone is having a good week, and if you want to see lots more great bird shots, click on http://pineriverreview.blogspot.com

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

gorgeous shots of the grosbeak! so jealous!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful! I have the Sparrows but am still waiting for the Grosbeaks.

Mary said...

How beautiful! wonderful photos! I love those grosbeaks and haven't seen them here yet. Maybe they by passed me this year :-( I thought I saw a female yesterday, but didn't see any today.

Vores have said...

Great pictures you show.
Wishing you a good day.
Hanne Bente / hbt.finus.dk

mick said...

Great photos. The Grosbeak is really beautiful.

fjÀllripan said...

Great photos, the gosbeak is so beautiful!!

eileeninmd said...

I love the Grosbeaks, great photos.

Unknown said...

All beauties!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Pat said...

The Grosbeak is such a beautiful bird! Great capture!

Anonymous said...

looks like he's bleeding...yet, knowing he isn't, it is a striking sight

Springman said...

Excellent captures!
Take care Becky!